Another project that really influenced me was the nontraditional materials project. At first this project started off traditional because I wanted to use oil pastels on paper, but then I decided to try oil pastel on canvas. That didn't go so well because it wasn't blending right on the canvas so I started using baby oil to help smooth out the oil pastel which worked really well. But I came across a huge setback when the oil never dried on the canvas leaving it very wet and very erasable. After many trial and errors I discovered by rubbing baby powder on top of the oil and pastel it would stick and become dry. This project really taught me the value of experimenting with new things and that just because one idea doesn't work doesn't mean there isn't a solution out there even if it means smelling like babies all day.